Two remanded for allegedly killing a Sophia man who shared a fight – Kaieteur News

Two remanded for allegedly killing a Sophia man who shared a fight

Remanded, Shay Carter called “Shawn”.

Remanded, Kaprese Norbrega called “Kaprese Richmond”.

Kaieteur News – Yesterday two people were detained in prison for murdering a Sophia man, who had intervened in a fight after they allegedly assaulted and stabbed his younger brother.
The defendants, Kaprese Nobrega also known as Kaprese Richmond, 18, a mechanic of ‘C’ Field Sophia, East Coast Demerara, and Shay Carter also known as Shawn, 26, of ‘B’ Field Sophia, Greater Georgetown, both appeared . at Sparendaam Magistrates’ Court before Liverpool Magistrate Rochelle.
They were not required to plead to the joint indictment charge, which claimed, on March 21, 2020, and March 27, 2020, at ‘B’ Field Sophia, Greater Georgetown, while with others, that they had murdered 25 -year- old Kevin Campbell.
Nobrega and Carter were remanded in prison and adjourned the matter until March 23, 2021.

Died, Kevin Campbell.

According to police, Nobrega has been hiding ever since the incident. Police recently received information about his whereabouts and were able to apprehend him.
Carter, meanwhile, was charged on Dec. 21, 2020, in the same court for the murder and was remanded in jail. However, he was brought back to court yesterday to be charged jointly with Norbrega.
According to a police report, 13 people are said to be involved in Campbell’s killing. Campbell was reported stabbed and stabbed multiple times for his body just after 08:00 hours at his home allegedly by a 13-member gang.
Kaieteur News had reported that Campbell’s younger brother, Brandon, had been attacked by two men on the day of the incident, while he was standing in the yard of their home. He was stabbed twice with scissors, one to his abdomen and another to his chest.
After hearing the commotion, Campbell rushed to his brother’s aid and managed to get the intruders out of the yard.
The two attackers were reported to have returned later that day in the company of 11 other men, who were allegedly armed with knives, cuttings and beams. Six of the alleged assailants entered Campbell’s house and dragged him outside.
The men then allegedly stabbed and stabbed Campbell until he fell to the ground, before making up for their escape. Campbell’s neighbors then rushed to his aid and carried him to Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation in an unconscious state where he succumbed to his injuries seven days later.
An autopsy was conducted and it was revealed that Campbell died of punctured liver. The matter was reported and an investigation launched. Police are still finding the other 11 suspects.