Hot Skull gets 43 ½ years for the murder of a footballer

THREE years after Albouystown footballer Paul Daniels was shot dead during a robbery, Alvin Jones, nicknamed “Hot Skull”, was sentenced Tuesday to serve 43.5 years imprisonment for the crime.
Jones, formerly of Castello Housing Scheme, Georgetown, was sentenced by Justice Priya Sewnarine-Beharry at Georgetown High Court.
On Dec. 8, Jones was found guilty by a 12-member jury and ordered a probation report.
The State was represented by Prosecutor Nafeeza Baig, while Attorney-General Stanley Moore was on record for Jones.
On Tuesday, the probation report was presented in court by a probation officer and favored Jones.
The report detailed that Jones’ parents separated when he was just 10 years old. He and his siblings lived with their mother, who had to work two jobs to provide for the family.

DATE: Paul Daniels

At the age of 15, Jones who was on Form Four at the time left school because of his mother’s poor academic performance and financial situation. He stayed home until the age of 18 when he moved in with his father. Shortly after, he started a job as a construction worker.
Residents described Castello Jones’ Housing Scheme as kind and polite. However, residents claimed that Jones was negatively influenced by peers and eventually resorted to a life of crime. Prison officials also described Jones as a well-behaved prisoner. Prosecutor Baig during the sentencing hearing urged the court to consider the prevalence of murders and that a gun was used in the commission of the crime.

In the end, the judge sentenced Jones to serve 43.5 years imprisonment. The Guyana Chronicle reported that on February 2, 2017, Daniels, 32, known as “Dundee”, a footballer attached to Georgetown Football Club (GFC) was gunned down in Boulevard Independence of his fiancée, home of Albouystown.
Based on reports received, two armed men entered the home through a door, located on the north side of the building, which was left open.
The armed men captured Daniels and his fiancé at gunpoint, and released him from a gold chain, which he was wearing at the time, and an undisclosed amount of money.
The robbers then made their escape, while Daniels chased. During the pursuit, one of the robbers released several rounds, one of which struck Daniels in the area of ​​his stomach and chest. Daniels was picked up and rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation, where he was pronounced dead.