Berbice’s mother donated $ 300,000 for attempted murder of a 6-year-old girl

Magistrate Renita Singh, on Friday, granted Drupattie/2009ran $ 300,000 bail for attempted murder of her 6-year-old daughter when she appeared before him in New Amsterdam Magistrates’ Court to answer the charge.

The 25-year-old man from Bananen Land Wood, East Canje Berbice, was not required to plead to the charge he read, Sunday, Dec. 13, 2020, at Bananen Land Wood in East Berbice Magistrate District that she attempted to murder Shania Ramsarran.

Presenting the state’s case, Police Prosecutor Pravan Sayhu told the court that the Karachayranium had a history of beating her daughter and that the child was still traumatized from the recent attempt on her life.

Drupattieardalran makes her Court appearance

Magistrate Singh, during the proceedings, inquired about the placement of the child from her father Steve Ramsarran, who was also present in court and was told that she was currently living with an aunt.

Arguing for the denial of liberty pre-proceedings, Prosecutor Sayhu promoted that the accused could try to interfere with witnesses as they were all neighbors.

However, Magistrate Singh disagreed with the points put forward by the prosecution and gave sectionran her freedom of pre-proceedings and ordered her to stay 100 feet away from Shania.

The matter was then transferred to Reliance Magistrates’ Court and Karachayran will appear in the next court on January 27.

Shania was found unconscious in a marshy area near her home after being reported missing. Her parents are separated but her father was given visiting rights every Sunday.


On the day in question, the child’s father contacted the mother at approximately 08:00 h and made arrangements to collect the child.

The mother initially told the Police that she had prepared the child and left it in the playground. However, around 12:30h when the grandfather made checks about the child, he did not find it. The child’s grandmother, who was at home doing chores, said she saw the child around 11:30h.

As a result, an immediate search party was formed by relatives and friends, who combed the entire area and at about 14:00 h, the grandfather found the girl drowned in a bog area about 500 feet away from the house.

He was subsequently raised in an unconscious state and rushed to the New Amsterdam Public Hospital. However, due to the extent of her injuries, she was transferred to Georgetown Public Hospital, where she subsequently regained consciousness.

At the height of the investigation, Karachayran has admitted to beating the child with a piece of wood.

She told investigations she had asked her daughter to stay in the yard, so she would not get her clothes dirty as her father was supposed to pick it up. However, the child didn’t listen, so he picked up a 2 × 2 piece of wood and dealt with the child several shots.

She told investigators, in her confession, that the child “does not hear (obey instructions), so I just clap two lash ponies.”

According to information received, the woman believed her child had died after she fell unconscious as a result of the beating, so she dropped her daughter’s body into the bog.