Twenty-year-old Temecia Sampson from Stage 1B, Wisroc Squatting Area, who apparently fed her eight-year-old daughter and six-month-old son a toxic substance before ingestion.
This was confirmed by Divisional Commander Hugh Winter, who said the woman died Saturday night at the Linden Hospital Complex while receiving medical attention.
Both children remain in hospital, however, her six-month-old son was transferred to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) as his condition continued to deteriorate.
Last Thursday, Sampson and her children were rushed to hospital after eating the toxic substance.
All three were accepted immediately with the mother’s condition being listed as critical. It was reported that the woman showed no sign of improvement and never regained consciousness.