– 2 brothers taken into police custody

The body of a 24-year-old extinct man was found Monday morning at his Swan Village home, home of the Soesdyke-Linden Highway with multiple stab wounds to his body.

Dying: Roy Ross

The dead man has been identified as Roy Ross, a former father of Kuru Kururu, Soesdyke-Linden Highway. Apparently, Ross moved to Swan Village a few months ago and was renting a house along with his alleged wife and child.
However, based on reports received, on the day in question, the now deceased man working on a poultry farm was found around 06:00h by a neighbor who called out to him and received no response. His body reportedly sustained stab wounds to the chest and shoulder.
Ross was last seen around 21:00 h Sunday night in his yard with a torch light doing checks around his home. At the time, he was at home on his own. His wife and child had gone to visit relatives.
When Guyana Times arrived at the scene, the area was wound up and Police were conducting their investigations. Scores of inhabitants and relatives of the dead man had assembled in curiosity.

The two suspects were taken into custody at the scene on Monday

One relative, a cousin, explained that she lived a short distance away and at approximately 06:30h she received news that Ross had died. He immediately rushed to the scene where he saw him lying in a pool of blood with several stab wounds to his body.
She recalled seeing her cousin alive last week when she visited. Although she couldn’t say much about what happened, the woman noted that he was a friendly and quiet person who couldn’t reach anyone.
He said, however, that Ross and his wife would engage in heated debates from time to time. In fact, residents confirmed this, claiming the couple had only been heard arguing Saturday night.
However, during the course of their investigations, detectives arrested two brothers after a blood-stained shirt was found in their home. But a cousin of the two young men holds out that they didn’t do the deed.

Scores of residents congregated on the spot

She explained that her cousins ​​were out with friends on Sunday night and had returned home just before midnight. The woman could not say where the blood on the shirt came from but was certain that both men had been wrongfully charged with murder.
He pointed out that the two suspects and a few other men in the area had some “hard talk” Sunday night but walked away before it could have gotten worse. A quick track to Monday morning, she remembered being at home making breakfast when she heard a commotion and when inquired, was told Ross had been murdered.
With speed, he entered the scene where he saw Ross’s body lying in the living room of his home with stab wounds. The woman further contacted that the body was found by a neighbor but for some reason the police arrested her cousins.
“People claim they saw two people jumping through Roy’s window – one was wearing all black and another was a black vest and pants… my cousins ​​left home in white T-shirts… so how can anyone jump into the conclusion that they had attacked and killed Roy, ”the woman noted.

The house in which the man’s body was found

She hopes the Police will conduct a thorough investigation into the murder so that the names of her cousins ​​can be cleared. Meanwhile, residents reported that the two suspects were troublesome and would have caused injuries to others before.
One woman told Guyana Times that a suspect attacked her son and cut him about a year ago and although a report was submitted to the Police, he was walking free of a scoot. He further said the same suspect also injured her husband. Nothing came out of the issues, the woman claimed.
In fact, one resident told this publication that one of the accused had turned up at her home Sunday night and told her he “felt like killing someone tonight.” He said he left and didn’t take it seriously until Ross’s body was found.
When contacted, Shebeke St Claire, sister of the dead man, explained that her brother had visited them at Better Hope, East Coast Demerara, about two weeks ago and that was the last time they spoke to him or saw him live.
He noted that they would have received the terrible news on Monday morning around 7:30h and went to the scene immediately.
She also couldn’t say what could have been the reason for her brother to receive such a horrific death as he was never a trouble maker. “Because of his silence, he was always taken advantage of,” the sister noted.
Ross leaves to mourn his mother who was too devastated to speak to the media on the spot and six siblings. His body was taken to Lyken Funeral Home as Police continued their investigations.

Previous article4 others die from COVID-19, death toll now 247